- This event has passed.
Morningstar Moses Cemetery Clean-up Day
June 25 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
VOLUNTEERS AGES 15 AND UP
Eligible for SSL Hours (Bring Forms for Signature)
Water and Snacks Provided
Note: Volunteer Participation is at Your Own Risk
Signed Waiver Required of All Participants
Your participation is critical to the success of this clean-up day and the ongoing efforts to preserve and protect this important historical site.
Due to the sensitive nature of this site, the number of volunteers permitted on the grounds at any one time may be limited.
To Prepare for the Day:
- Make sure that you are wearing long sleeves and long pants at all times. Even if you get hot, you want to keep your arms and legs fully covered as poison ivy and other rash-inducing plants are likely at the site.
- Bring work or sturdy garden gloves. In addition to protecting your hands from poison ivy etc., work gloves are needed because the clearing is done mostly by hand.
- Make sure you wear sturdy boots or shoes. Ground is uneven and debris and vegetation make it easy to trip. Watch where you are walking at all times.
- Bring rakes and pruners if you have them. This is a sensitive archaeological site and hand clearing is required.
MATERIALS NEEDED (All Gear Should be Clearly Marked with Owner Name):
- Work/Gardening Gloves (All volunteers)
- Paper Yard Debris Bags
- Large Tarps for Leaf Removal
- Ropes for Dragging Limbs
- Small Pruning Clippers
- Large Pruning Clippers
- Tree Trimmers (Manual)
PLEASE PARK ALONG CYPRESS GROVE LANE – NOT ON PIPE STEM DRIVEWAY TO 8005
Email Charlotte Troup Leighton at firstname.lastname@example.org with Questions and to RSVP