Carroll County, established 1837, county seat Westminster.
Information from the Maryland Annotated Code (14-119) and Carroll County Code of Public Local Laws and Ordinances:
Maryland Real Property Section 14-119
(a) In this section:
(1) “Cemetery” means the land or structures in Carroll County identified by the Carroll County Genealogical Society that are used for the interment of human remains; and
(2) “Cemetery” includes a grave, burial ground, monument, or gravestone.
(b) This section does not apply to a permanent cemetery that is owned by:
(1) A cemetery company regulated under Title 5 of the Business Regulation Article;
(2) A nonprofit organization; or
(3) A governmental unit within the State.
(c) A person who owns land in Carroll County on which all or a part of a cemetery is located shall:
(1) Record the location of the cemetery without using a survey in the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court for Carroll County; and
(2) Give written notice of the location of the cemetery without using a survey to any prospective buyer of the land.
(d) A person who removes any human remains, monument, or gravestone from a cemetery located on land in Carroll County shall:
(1) Comply with § 10-402 or § 10-404 of the Criminal Law Article;
(2) Place the human remains, monument, or gravestone in a permanent cemetery in Carroll County; and
(3) Record the new location of the human remains, monument, or gravestone in the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court for Carroll County.
(e) The Clerk of the Circuit Court for Carroll County shall index and file documents received under this section in the land records under the grantor index.
Carroll County Website
Resources for finding out about Master Plan development, zoning, regulations
and county agencies.
Carroll County Public Library
Provides contact information, library sites and information on their collection,
the Westminster library houses the Carroll County Genealogical Society collection.
Carroll County Times
Current data published by this local paper.
Carroll County Genealogical Society
P. O. Box 1752
Westminster, MD 21158
Contains lists of cemeteries, surnames found in Carroll County cemeteries, cemetery records published by the society, in addition to historical and genealogical materials.
The society collection is available at the Westminster library.
Historical Society of Carroll County
210 East Main Street
Westminster, MD 21157
Site includes calendar of events, information about the collection and research library. The Research library contains the Tracey land record collection, microfilm of early newspapers, family records and archival materials.
Carroll County – MD Tombstone Transcription Project
Data is incomplete.
Carroll County Cemeteries
Only partial list.